Sunday, March 15, 2009

A game and a little freebie too!

It's been said that artists continually reinvent themselves... and I find that very much to be the case! I'm making some changes to the way that I edit pictures and I would love to include some examples of my new editing techniques on my website. So, I'm offering a contest that will benefit you and me! Keep reading for details.

Here is the background on the picture below: This picture is one of my all-time favorites. It was taken by Adam Smith (my super-cool husband) a few years ago in Paris. We were on a rooftop of the Sacré-Coeur, overlooking a rather typical street in the area. It was damp - rain had been off-and-on and gentle, but enough to flatten or frizz (whichever way you dislike) your hair. People kept their umbrellas out even though the rain, at the moment this picture was taken, had stopped. You know - just in case. And I'm so glad that they did. I'm also glad that the person in red with the white umbrella (right, center) was where he was. I can't pinpoint why, but I think he makes this shot. And kudos to Adam who saw it all as a picture before it actually was one!

Here are the details of the contest: There are five differences between the top and the bottom pictures. The first three people to email me (melanie@just-because.com) with at least four correct differences will receive a free indoor or outdoor sitting and two free 8x10s from that sitting (a $132 value!!). Photos (though no names) from these sessions will be included on my website and/or for marketing for Just Because, so of course, please only enter this contest if you're ok with that. =)

Questions? Please email me. And also, keep checking back here (add me to your RSS readers!!) - contests with freebies and discounts will be posted at least once a month. Thanks for playing!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Becky, Heather and Terri! The differences are: In the bottom picture: the trees are lighter, the window from the upper right hand side of building is missing, the white line from the red and white sign has been removed, one of the gargoyle's 'neck frills' has been removed, the water mark around the gargoyle's mouth has been extended.

    ReplyDelete